Sony has officially announced its latest portable gaming console at E3 today called the PlayStation Vita, or PS Vita for short. Sony's PS Vita will be available worldwide for the holiday season in a WiFi-only model for $249 as well as a 3G + WiFi model for $299. The PS Vita packs a high-resolution 5" OLED multitouch touchscreen at 960x544, one of the best displays on portable devices. Full feature specs:
- 5" OLED screen with multitouch capabilities
- 960 x 544 Resolution
- Front and rear facing cameras
- Rear touch pad with multitouch capabilities
- Wi-Fi or 3G + Wi-Fi (3G on AT&T)
- Flash Card Media
- Six-axis motion sensing (three-axis gyroscope,
- ARM Cortex A9 CPU (4-core)
- GPS for location services
Battery specs have not been released weirdly enough.
Along with the release of the PlayStation Vita, a few game titles all taking advantage of the Vita's touch and motion controls are being developed such as LittleBigPlanet, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, new ModNation Racers, Ruin and Street Fighter x Tekken.