Dr. Dre has a new Pill for you to try, and it's banging. Beats By Dre has released its newest portable Bluetooth speaker called the Pill. The Pill is a $200 tabular shaped wireless speaker with a set of four 1" drivers that produce powerful sound with clear highs and booming bass. The Pill is already said to have surpassed the equally priced Jawbone Jambox in terms of sound quality, which isn't very surprising given the fact the Jawbone hasn't improved and released a new version of its famous and well designed portable speaker.
The Beats Pill is compatible with any Bluetooth-enabled device that supports the Bluetooth A2DP profile and has an internal mic for speakerphone functionality and also features tap-to-pair NFC and apt-X Bluetooth tech for high quality, easy and instant Bluetooth streaming connection. Some of the features include:
- All call functions - including speakerphone when paired with your smartphone
- Four speaker system with Beats unique sound profile
- Rechargeable lithium ion battery provides 7 hours of continuous play
- AC Power adapter with USB receptacle for charging
- Auto shut-off after 30 minutes of no signal detection in order to conserve battery life
- 3.5mm line out for connection to an external speaker system
- Built-in mic for hands free conferencing
- Echo cancellation for call clarity and feedback control
- 8 Bluetooth profiles
The Beats By Dre Pill portable Bluetooth speaker is available now in white, black and red colors and includes a carabiner clip for secure attachment.