Things are definitely stirring up at Apple right now as Apple is planning something big for its 10th retail anniversary this Thursday the 19th. A solid source told BGR today of the following:
- There’s an overnight shift planned for around 10-15 individuals at each Apple Store to work from late Saturday all the way through mid-Sunday.
- During the overnight shift, it’s going to be required that employees lock cell phones in the main office. They will also have to sign an NDA with Apple.
- There are a wide variety of roles, we’re told, for the overnight shift. This includes all visuals staff, a manager, a business team member, a few Genius team members, one back-of-house employee, and a few generic Apple specialists.
- Apple stores have apparently already received hardware to install, and are expecting more hardware to come on Friday or Saturday. All materials that Apple stores have received have been instructed to be under lock and key until after close on Saturday night.
- Apple employees will be putting up black curtains at all stores so that people walking outside cannot see inside.
- Employees have had to download gigabytes of data from Apple corporate labeled, “training” in a password-protected zipped folder that won’t accessible to managers or anyone else until Saturday afternoon.
- Lastly, all Apple retail stores have mandatory meetings on Sunday, May 22nd. Most meeting are scheduled for the morning, but there are evening meetings as well.
Every time something like this happens, Apple releases a new product like the iPhone or iPad. Will we see the iPhone 5 or iPhone 4S popping up in Apple's retail and online store this Thursday? It's not very likely. Apple will hold a keynote for the press when it will release a big product like the next generation iPhone and will send out invitations a few days ahead. There is still time for that though!